We want to make school attendance the norm
REDI.E provides services associated with the Remote School Attendance Strategy (RSAS) in Walgett and Wilcannia.
The Remote School Attendance Strategy (RSAS) is designed to lift school attendance levels in selected remote communities through employment of local School Attendance Supervisors (SAS) and School Attendance Officers (SAO) who work with schools, families, and children to ensure they go to school every possible day.
REDI.E employs local community members in the role of school attendance supervisors and school attendance officers to help kids get to school.
The RSAS teams in both Walgett and Wilcannia will work with schools to help parents and families make sure kids have what they need to go to school each day and also work closely with teachers, parents and the community to develop a community plan to identify ways to ensure all children in the community go to school every day.
The RSAS initiative is proudly funded/supported by the Australian Government.
Our RSAS team help with things like:
All school attendance team members have current working-with-children checks and participate in work-related learning activities.
- Talking to children and families about the importance of regular school attendance.
- Working with families where children are not attending school to find out why and what can be done to help them get there.
- Providing practical support like driving children to school or helping to organise school lunches, uniforms, homework and after-school care.
- Working with the school to monitor attendance and follow up on student absences.
- Celebrating and rewarding improved attendance.