REDI.E is a peak service provider for Aboriginal Communities in Western NSW & we currently have a position vacant for a Café Manager and/or Cook at the Wilay Cafe.
Café Manager & Cook – REDI.E, in conjunction with Western Student Connections, has positions available as a Café Manager and Cook to work at the Wilay Café located in the Blueridge Estate Dubbo. The café offers a bistro style menu, with dine-in, takeaway and drive-thru options and a catering service. Trading hours Monday-Wednesday 7am-3pm, Thursday-Friday 7am-2pm.
We are looing for staff to support the development of keen learners in a fully functioning café.
The Café Manager is responsible for the supervision of staff, who will mainly be Hospitality & School Based Trainees. The Café will also have students who will be completing Work Placement and Work Experience.
Duties will include the following
• The management of all front-of-house operations
• Develop new menus and estimate costs
• Check stock level, rotate stock and place orders
• Be capable of using all the equipment and tools in the kitchen
• Monitor quality of food at all stages of preparation, cooking and presentation
• Demonstrate techniques and advise on cooking procedures to staff under your supervision
• Train other kitchen staff in front-of-house duties
• Prepare or direct to prepare food to meet special dietary requirements
• Plan and organise special functions and catering
• Handle customers’ feedback
• Liaise with RTO trainers to support staff competency sign off
• Meet weekly with management staff to ensure ongoing success of the enterprise
The cook will be responsible for supporting the kitchen staff in all food preparation activities.
Skills required for both positions include the following
• Excellent customer service skills
• Strong customer relationship building skills
• Hands on, ability to lead by example
• Versatility and consistency
• Team focused
• Passionate about the industry
• Solutions driven and flexible
• A strong work ethic
• Available to work full-time, Monday to Friday.
If you have any questions or queries, please contact Mel or Neon in our HR department via email firstname.lastname@example.org or by telephone 02 6841 0111.